What did you use the 0.1 of year 2016 for already?
My January started with the Half-Ironman in Naples, FL. PR for this distance for me, and a great start of the year. Oh, and all those Kennesaw Mountain trails and Polar Bear Plunge on Jan 1st with fellow crazies/ triathletes.
IMLOU-2015 defined the “word of the year” for me – Purposeful .
I wanted to direct my activities in 2016 towards particular purposes. I planned my goals over the upcoming 90 days and the year for work and tri training and personal goals. (with guidance from Life Coach School podcast #86 – Do Goals )
On 7th January I got to know about my actual, real, no kidding, big goal for 2016 – Leadville 100 miles run .
Read on –
- How did Leadville Registration happen and – “now what?”
- 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 – timeline vs. ” words of the years” GRAVTATION, EXPLOSION, RADIANCE, VITALITY
- What’s – NEW?
September 2015 – I said “YES” to my 2-3 years-old dream – a 100K run in Italy – by LOST WORLD RACES – Tuscany Crossing. Registered in – it was time to make my dream come true.
Little did I know that 2016 is just started to shape up into what seems to be the year of possibly even more of my dreams coming true all at once.
January 7th 2016, Naples, FL, 2 days before the 70.3 race: turned out I forgot (!!! ) that I applied for a LT100 Run lottery in December 2015. The Leadville 100 was always in “I wish some day I could do that” category for me. When the lottery was announced, I had no other thought rather then YES! to this chance. Knowing that it is possible for me to get to the required level of running if I get the slot. 5 Lottery slots. I got one of them. I am scared, exited, confident, in self-doubt – all of the above in a mix. I got amazing support for this adventure from my loved ones, my coach and even from my parents.
I wasn’t sure at which point would I spread the word out about this purpose of 2016, but here it is – I will need all the support I can get, any good vibes shared on.
Getting the dreams of life coming true is one of the most powerful and empowering experiences I am having – right now!
New trails at Sawnee Mountain – at sunrise
- 2012: the year of “GRAVTATION”: I’ve summoned up my skills, pulled inwards, closed up, reviewed my strengths, gathered up evidence of what I can do well enough.
- 2013: – the year of “EXPLOSION” – I used my summoned power for expanding the ranges of my activities, I rocked at Half-Ironman triathlons, ran alot, and shaped up my team at work. The explosion did leave some “black holes” behind though!
- 2014 was bound to be the “RADIANCE” year. Words are not enough to describe the power of the Light I felt through the year. I was blessed and blessed and blessed with the ultimate happiness and feeling acute-alive. . I shared on the light – with dozens of friends: a generous gift of the Universe in 2014. I’ve completed 2 Ironman events and somewhat more then dozen of smaller events. I created the base for my further development as a triathlete and as a professional in IT.
- 2015: “VITALITY” – was a year of LIFE , Mindfulness over every moment of it happening, the sense of presence and balance sharpened. The events beaming with Force of Life all around me. I loved feeling that much happy and strong, and was happy to share on this energy at all the 2015 events amazed by the way things worked out!
Magic moments before the Polar Bear Plunge January 1st 2016!
Much thanks to Shawna – the author of BuildingBlockBlog for getting us together!
My New Year Resolutions aka goals were listed on 2 A4 paper sheets at my Year 2016 journal – Passion Planner. The momentum of daring to dream on started an avalanche of what seemed to be coincidences: as if the Universe co-inspired to help me on my plans.
Did you know that pronoia starts being an actual word now?
The observation of these pieces of mosaic matching on for me in my life – is what I want to note here, to write down, to remember. It’s amazing how things started off in my 2016 and I can’t wait to keep discovering more of it!
And here’s what I observed:
On creation of your version of something NEW
Instead of worrying if the goals / activities I have are ok or not ok as per some external standard, I’ve permitted myself to create my version of events / activities/ goals – anything I can bring on as something new. Yes, there may be hundreds of athletes doing this or that race in their way. There might be nothing much unusual in the fact that I amparticipating in this or that race , it’s the NEW thing for me, that I am bringing to this amazing human activity – long distance run races, in my way of doing it.
My path of preparation for that 100, my pace and my way of training – I will simply be glad to share on my training for 100 during this year
You’re not required to save the world with your creativity. Your art not only doesn’t have to be original, in other words, it also doesn’t have to be important. For example, whenever anyone tells me that they want to write a book in order to help other people I always think ‘Oh, please don’t. Please don’t try to help me.’ I mean it’s very kind of you to help people, but please don’t make it your sole creative motive because we will feel the weight of your heavy intention, and it will put a strain upon our souls.”
― Elizabeth Gilbert,
On abstaining from dependency on NEW
I also do keep in mind the quote “Don’t fall for addiction to the idea that the next new thing is what you need to be happy. New place, new lover, new …. ” . I am welcoming this New 2016 year with awe , but in calm acceptance of what it might bring.
What’s your – NEW? What are you going to bring on to your life and lives of people around you that is authentic as created as new by you, your personality and your life?